The Ninth European Dependable Computing Conference will take place from 8 to 11 May 2012 in Sibiu, Romania.
Computers are no longer simply machines that are used by organizations or at home. They are embedded everywhere, from cell phones to cars or industrial control devices.
As computers have become more and more indispensable, their failures may have correspondingly significant consequences. The increased hardware and software complexity, as well as the scaling of manufacturing technologies towards nanometer-size devices, pose new challenges for developers.
As a consequence, the development, testing, and benchmarking of dependable systems has become a vital topic of research, both for academia and industry.
The event will bring together researchers and practitioners to present and discuss their latest research results and ideas.
- hardware and software architecture of dependable systems;
- safety-critical systems;
- embedded and real-time systems;
- cloud computing reliability and security;
- dependable mobile and multimedia systems;
- fault-tolerant networks and protocols;
- testing and validation methods;
- characterisation techniques;
- dependability benchmarking;
- security of systems and networks;
- intrusion-tolerant systems;
- dependability and security in business and e-commerce applications.
Data Source Provider: Special Interest Group on Software Engineering
Document Reference: Based on an event announcement
Subject Index: Coordination, Cooperation; Information and communication technology applications ; Innovation, Technology Transfer; Network technologies